Monday, August 06, 2007

A Baby Gift

Last Friday night we received a phone call from a couple in our ward asking if they could bring a baby gift by. "Baby gift?" I thought, "But Clara is seven months old." I told them now was as good a time as any, so over they came.

We were upstairs getting Clara ready for bed when the doorbell rang. I came down, shortly followed by Kristin and Clara. I was going to wait for Kristin and Clara to open the gift, but couldn't quell my curiosity. Lifting a layer of tissue paper out of the bag, I found a beautiful white dress with pink trim. "I had to make sure it would be tall enough for Clara, so I measured it against a little girl I know. I hope it fits."

To say that the dress is beautiful is an understatement. It was hand knitted with crocheted trim. Both yarns used have an iridescent single thread that lends a refinement to the dress. The skirt is lined with a nice white linen.

Kristin and I were beyond words and attempted to express our gratitude for such a beautiful, heart-felt gift. We later found out that it took seven months to make.

How do you say "Thank You" for such a gift?

Labels:

1 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Oh my gosh - that is GORGEOUS! Now I'm dying to know who made it. It is stunning. I hope you post a picture of Clara in it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home