Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Digging on Google (Updated)

A few months ago, I became curious about two of my best friends from high school. I dropped one of their names into Google and immediately found pictures on Flickr, posts to technology blogs, info about his jobs, etc. I tried the other, but he proved a little more elusive.

Today, I decided to give the second friend another try. I tried his name. No luck. A bunch of articles about a native Georgian who is now the head of the state's Democratic party showed in the results. Definitely not my friend. So I added "-democratic" to the end of my search string. Now all I got are a bunch of links to a PENN state hockey player. "-democratic -penn". First result, bingo. My friend.

I found an e-mail address, dropped him a line, and am waiting to see if he writes back. I hope he does. We met in 7th grade and quickly became friends, helping each other with our paper routes and playing ridiculous amounts of Nintendo. We stayed friends through high school and into college. We lost touch during my mission. I'd always wondered where he ended up.

I'll let you if I hear back.

Update: He wrote me back. My sleuthing on Google was successful!

Labels:

1 Comments:   (Post a Comment)

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Jared said...

Why insect?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home