Blogging During Church
It was great to go to church today, to take some time to sit quietly, listen to the talks, ponder, and pray. As the deacons passed the sacrament to the congregation I pulled out my BlackBerry. I can access the scriptures online with my BlackBerry and felt the need to find something inspirational.
Julie was also flying solo, Bruce was home with a sick Colter, so I sat next to her and Dan & Jill. Julie leaned over, motioning to my BlackBerry, and asked, "Are you blogging during church?"
Truthfully the answer was, "No," but I decided that would be a funny thing to do. So, using the memo function on my BlackBerry, I posed Julie the following question:
Oliver: Did every cough during Church seem like an explosion of germs to you when you were a new mom?
Julie: Sneezes were worse. Cannons of germs. And you know where everyone sneezes: into their hands.
I came home after sacrament meeting (didn't stay for the full three hour block), washed my hands, and found my two little girls asleep on our bed. Such a beautiful sight.
Labels: during church

2 Comments: (Post a Comment)
Kristin,
This is such a beautiful photo. On a side note, I was in Gresham this morning visiting the in-laws and walked by "Coffee's On"; that was a flashback to the old days and our escapades. It seems so long ago doesn't it? Happy 2007!
- Andrea
Oliver, I can't wait until you regularly blog during church. Could you imagine if I had blog during church for some of the meetings that I have attended. The stories, the stories. If one of those stories is happening with your YM, you need to blog during church.
Post a Comment
<< Home